There was a little tug at the line and I held it very still. The tug came again and was a bit stronger. I could feel the fish taking nibbles of the worm on the end of my hook. Then I felt the hard yank and the line began to go out. I grabbed the reel and held the line tight. I had him. The line began to move around the stream and I could see the fish swimming back and forth trying to dislodge the hook. Slowly I reeled the fish in as he began to tire and finally pulled him out of the water onto the bank of the river. I grabbed the fish and grandma helped me remove the hook from its mouth and put it in the bucket.
Once again, I baited the hook with the slimy wiggly worm and threw it into the stream. The water ran slowly through the valley winding like a snake back and forth providing deep pockets of water at every turn. The fish could be seen swimming in the deep shady areas of these pools and if we were lucky like Grandpa when our baited hook floated past those deep shady spots the fish would strike.
No comments:
Post a Comment