
A little tear flowed down from his eye when I looked at him as he was being taken back to his room.
I said, “When you need to feel Heavenly Fathers arms around you, just look up and hug your pillow!”
My heart was breaking at having to say good bye to his little boy who had stolen my heart so quickly. I had known him for such a short time, yet it seemed like I knew his spirit even though his body gave way to horrible tantrums and vocal outbursts.
He was diagnosed as hopeless by the professionals, someone who would never be able to live a normal life with others. His seemingly, out of control actions and vocal outbursts, made him difficult to be around for most. But I somehow knew that over time with the right care and faith in himself and God, he would be able to lead a fairly normal and productive life.
Locked away in this home for the mentally disabled, he seemed so unreachable yet, was he not one of God’s children, just like me.
I opened my eyes. It was just a dream.
I lay thinking about the feelings that I had just felt so overwhelmingly and wondered how such an experience could be but a figment of my unconsciousness. But why had it come to me on this morning when I had been seeking for ways to bless others’ lives at this Christmas time?
Was it filled with deeper meaning for me than just a dream with strong emotions attached?
As I thought about it, I realized that if it meant anything, it was that I needed to be more forgiving and willing to put up with others flaws in order to see the special spirit that God put into every person around me.
I needed to be more observant for opportunities to bless the lives of those around me and that I need to see the good in all of God’s children and try to understand their worth.
I see that some of my children have learned that lesson far better than I have, being able to raise small ones, who have disabilities that make it a challenge with the daily activities of life. What a blessing they are and how proud I am of them as they work so hard to raise these special little bodies.
Lord, thank you for this small lesson in my life.
1 comment:
I agree. We have so many blessing that we take for granted too often.
Post a Comment