
We had a fantastic Stake conference today. It was one of those where the general authorities broadcast from Salt Lake to 68 stakes in northern California including the Rocklin stake where we live.
Both Kathy and I came away with an answer to a question that we have had for a long time. That was whether we should plan on staying in California now and after I retire. We both felt strongly that we were being counseled to remain where we are and continue to serve the Lord in our area.
Even with recent economic difficulties that have impacted all of our family, we feel that the Lord has blessings in store for those who will stand on his side and do his will. As you know we were very active in the prop 8 campaign last year to protect marriage. that was a very different experience and in some way very challenging to Kathy and I. Going to people doors and asking them about their views on the topic was both scary and exhilarating. Standing the on the Raley's corner holding sign and waving to cars as they go by was also a mix of good and bad exeriences.
We will go on a mission when it is time, but we feel like we are in the right place now. It is sure nice to have a confirmation from the Lord with questions such as this.
Our faith in the Lord has been strengthened and continues to go as we see his hand in our lives and the lives or our children and grandchildren.
I was looking at LDS.org this afternoon and found a wonderful link that I had not see before. You will find it full of good instruction as well:
http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=97ca813d71189110VgnVCM1000003a94610aRCRD&locale=0
1 comment:
It was a good conference, wasn't it?!
I enjoyed all of the talks, although I didn't get to hear much of President Uchtdorf's talk.
Post a Comment